Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Quintessence of Beetle-ry

Yesterday I caught a new beetle. This one is really active. He makes TW look like he's in a coma. I have settled on the name "Lord Rochester" for this new addition to the family . I caught his Excellency with a mop last night (with the "help" of Bec). Now, I need to ponder how to keep both beetles inside the big cage, without letting them near one another. I don't want Lord Rochester to destroy little TW with his regal strength and royal cunning! *** If you're wondering, Lord Rochester was a rakish Restoration-era poet, famous for his obscene writings. He also had a pet monkey, which he tried to get knighted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

Ah, the Earl of Rochester...

"May'st thou never piss, who didst refuse to spend
When all my joys did on false thee depend.
And may ten thousand abler pricks agree
To do wronged Corinna right for thee."

from "The Imperfect Enjoyment"

12:42 p.m.  
Blogger kumagoro said...

Lord Rochester is getting on my nerves. It's the 'tude!

3:43 p.m.  
Blogger Fancy L said...

I still think you should have them fight. You could take bets at NOVA and then just keep all the money. Win-Win!

3:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If an beetle is treated cruelly, nemesis will be given to you.

11:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home