Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Go Go ゴスロリ!!!

Halloween approaches, so I must start mulling over possible costumes for myself. I think I've settled on the Gothic Lolita look. Not to be confused with plain old Gothic style, Gothic Lolita is a Japanese sub-culture basically consisting of girls devoted to dressing up like giant, frilly dolls. I kind of admire them, because I think a lot of hardcore Lolis are DIY and actually sew these ridiculously girly dresses themselves. How I am going to recreate this look is a mystery. I poked around a fabric store today and found nothing useful, which left me disapointed. What I really need for the look is a very small black top hat. Don't ask me why.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

I will join you in your quest for the Holy Grail of Goth-Loli!
We totally need to have some kind of dark and goth-y nicknames to go with the costumes too, like Ravynn or Angel of Blood...

1:50 a.m.  
Blogger kumagoro said...

We need Japanese loli names. By the way, I think you won't be a Goth-Loli. You'll be a Sweet-Loli. They wear a lot of pink and stuff.

1:55 a.m.  
Blogger Becki said...

Is that real Goth-loli slang?

1:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home