Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm lovin' Himeji-jo!

W00T! Today was Himeji castle day! What an unusually active weekend. There was hardly any vegetating at all. How bizarre, how bizarre (remember that song? Yeah, me too). Anyways, this castle blew my mind. I am so building a replica of this place when I win the lotto and become a rich biatch. Really, though, it was beautiful. Unbelievably high too. The only troubling thing was the so-called oil wall, or "abura kabe". I read about this odd feature in the guide booklet and proceeeded to *not* find it anywhere. It really irked me. I became enraged and tore the foundation of this ancient fortress asunder in my unbridled fury. Well, more like whined about missing out on it. I'm telling you I looked for it! They made it using rice water! It sounded pretty neat... *SIGH*, foiled again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fancy L said...

I like the bulletproof wall the best.

Last time I went, Shoko bought me nunchucks. Himeji castle, therefore, is great.

11:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the grease wall isn't there all the time because it attracts flies.-mudder

2:34 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I love castles :) Did you get any souveniers?

2:14 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How bizarre, how bizarre"
Great song, by a great band called OMC, a New Zealand urban soul group if I'm not much mistaken.

8:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, unmistakeably from New Zealand.
"Heow Buzarre!"

11:52 p.m.  
Blogger Becki said...

Himeji castle is cool. But I feel so sorry for those more animals. Especially the polar bear.

He looks like he's going stir-crazy. He's totally gonna flip one of these days, rend the bars with one mighty sweep of his claws and savage some tourists.

I wonder if Luke could take a polar bear?

12:50 a.m.  
Blogger Becki said...

uhmm.... That shoulda been 'those poor animals' not 'those more animals'...

WVWTWF -speculate at your leisure

12:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wonder if Luke could take a polar bear?"

That brought back memories and a good little laugh. he's never gonna live that one down hey!

Save the animals!

HI ALL! From Down-Under. :o)
Long time no see.

9:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and Himeji Castle ...
We LOVED it! We went there 4 times and will definitley go there again!

Next time you're there and if you have a few more hours, catch the bus/ropeway up to Shosha-san (spelling?). It's cool up there too! :o)

9:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home