Monday, January 02, 2006

Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!


Tokyo e ikimashita! THAT was a cool trip. Ailish and I managed to see a big chunk of Tokyo in only a couple days, too. Rock on! We saw Ginza, Asakusa, Shibuya, Harajuku, 4 temples and one movie! (The movie wasn't great... it was great-kunai...) We had a lovely New Year's Eve there as well. My friend Keita joined us for the festivities on Saturday which mostly involved heavy sake drinking and then trying to remember how to say Happy New Year in Japanese (I think he was getting tired of repeating the phrase after the 20th time). The three of us went to Tokyo Tower with a couple thousand other revellers to watch the release of 2006 balloons at the stroke of midnight. Ailish was very put out that we didn't get to release any balloons- apparently,you needed to bring a special coupon or something. So, aside from me getting lost a few dozen times (only when I was away from Ailish and her map literacy), Tokyo was good fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fancy L said...

Your New Year's was more eventful than mine. I just sat around with my fellow superhero friends (superfriends?) enjoying the season and creating giant balls of flaming goodness (READ: FIREBALL!!!).

8:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Erica, great blog!!
Looks like you're having an amazing time in Japan. Keep us updated on your little escapades and hope you continue to enjoy it.
Take care and hopefully see you soon, lots of love,
Tristan
xxx

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger kumagoro said...

Was that sarcasm? think that'll earn you some Exit Wounds posts on my blog, huh?

4:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shibuya was my favourite part of Tokyo too, probably for the same reason (Blad Runnerish and it looks like Tokyo) or could it be that it was the place where I first tried a Long Island Ice Tea? AAAhhh, happy memories.

Anyway, you did better than me and Mami. We had 4 days there and visited only a handful of places, including that giant fish market Tsukiji which is closed on Sundays (as we found out when we got there). Doi!

8:23 p.m.  
Blogger Becki said...

Can you post some pics of Harajuku Gosu-Rori girls?

4:45 a.m.  
Blogger kumagoro said...

Sorry dude, I didn't get any. I know, I know. What's wrong with me?! I love Gosu-Rori girls! And Gosu-Rori boys too(these are very rare though). Mmmm, femmy.

11:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home