Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ah, to be young again... and also a robot.

Today I went to Amemura and... I didn't get lost! Not even a little. It rained all the way to Osaka then stopped when I got there so I had to lug my big stupid pink umbrella everywhere for no reason. Amerika-mura is a great place, especially if you like visual kei, like moi. There are many shops catering to my strange needs. I bought two cds from now-defunct visual bands (they were on sale^^) and even saw some gothic lolitas. Score! Better yet, I've discovered a great new band called Metronome, or メトロノーム if you like. They are sa-weet! Imagine Devo reborn as visual kei. They even do jerky robot movements in their pvs (promotional videos= music videos in Japan). You can watch them on Youtube. Or you can suck and not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

I wish I was a young robot!

http://cyborg.namedecoder.com/index.php?acronym=Becki&design=chi2

11:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look like a bunch of nancy boys if you ask me!!

11:49 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Amerika-mura" is this an Americanised shopping mall or shopping district?

Hey anyway - if you didn't get lost it must mean that you are feeling at home their now!

P.S. The one on the far left in the picture, is kind of cute in an odd fetish kind of way :)

2:32 a.m.  
Blogger kumagoro said...

They *are* nancy boys, that's why I like 'em. And Amerika-mura is a shopping district with lots of foreign shops. Or so they say- I don't think there's that many.

4:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home