Thursday, March 23, 2006

Overactive imagination?

So every week I take the Hankyu line to Kobe, at least once. And somewhere between Takarazuka and Nishinomiya-Kitaguchi, I gaze in wonder upon this archetectural marvel! I had come to believe it was perhaps the discarded shell of some ancient sea monster, possibly defeated by Godzilla himself. Today, upon investigation, I was disapointed to see it was indeed the Hanshin racetrack, just as Becki suggested, and up close it looks less like an aquatic behemoth and more like a man-made structure. I have included, for your delectation, a picture of said racetrack plus an artist's conception (uh, mine) of a possible prehistoric crustacean of similar proprtions. Reminds me of those creepy Ohmu things from Nausicaa. Tomorrow I might investigate another archetectural phenomena I've seen around here. Someone has to!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

Ah ha! but I'm not the kind of person to say "I told you so..."

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger kumagoro said...

Does saying that not count as indirectly "telling me so"?

11:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about that building that looks like a big crustacean?
Oh yeah, thats the hanshin racetrack that!!

11:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home