Saturday, April 22, 2006

Oru-goru heaven!

Today I visited the Hall of Halls on Rokko-san. Home of the music box museum. Why have an entire faux Swiss ski lodge at the top of a mountain devoted to dusty music boxes and ancient organ grinders? Well, why not?? Silly, this is Japan! The crowning glory of the museum is this monstrosity, pictured, which lit up and played 1930's dance hall music... AT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE VOLUME! Pssht, tacky. I forgot to take a picture of the "Chahakobi Ningyo", or tea-serving doll. Any geeks reading this may have seen one in the anime "Ghost in the Shell: Innocence". Um, please feel free to get me one for my birthday. Because if there's one thing I need, it's a friggin' Japanese doll to serve me my tea!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Only in Japan can one find such unique and intruiging tourist attractions LOL.

2:22 p.m.  
Blogger Becki said...

That is one flippin' huge Orgel, dude!

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Fancy L said...

Music Boxes?

I get it.

No really, I totally understand.

1:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home